I’m using the same rules like my list for top 5 water users, which are:
- I’m only going to include anime characters from anime/manga I’ve read or watched. Mainly because I would be familiar with their powers.
- I’m only going to include ONE character per series. This is difficult to do, because there are many strong characters in any given series, but I want some variety.
- I think it will be difficult to determine how each character on the list would fare against each other, so I going to focus how strong they are within their series. However, I will be thinking how they compare relative to each other.
[Note] This list and any others will focus on characters that MOSTLY or significantly use the element. In this case fire. What that would result in is having a list of characters that will have more that just the element in their abilities and I will be factoring these other abilities in as well.
5. Roy Mustang (FMA)
Colonel Mustang also known as the Flame Alchemist, is a State Alchemist from the anime series, Fullmetal Alchemist. He’s considered to be a hero in the series, hoping to become the next Fuhrer of Amestris. Mustang is a particularly skilled alchemist, focusing on fire based combat. Using custom made gloves that are created with ignition cloth. The gloves give off a spark when he snaps, allowing him to create flames with his alchemy. Water doesn’t render Roy’s alchemy useless. He’s able to “separate hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atoms in water molecules, isolating them into a highly combustible fuel and powerfully volatile oxidizer, respectively.”
Roy doesn’t really have any specific fire attacks, instead attacking with constant flames.
4. Portgas D. Ace (One Piece)
Portgas D. Ace is the older adopted brother of Monkey D. Luffy and Sabo. He’s the son of Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. A former division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, Ace was one of the most powerful characters in One Piece. Ace posses immense physical strength he obtained with the training that he did as a child. He ate the Mera Mera no Mi, logia devil fruit. This allows him to become the element of fire and control flames. Ace could also use haki, haoshoku haki and busoshoku haki. Shanks described his haki a being “fiery in nature, to the point that Ace’s very presence was able to stop blizzards on an island for as long as he was there.”
Ace’s fire top abilities:
- Kagero – shoots a stream of fire from the palm of his hand.
- Hiken – Ace’s signature attack, he “turns his fist into flames and launches it as a column of fire at his target. This attack is so incredibly powerful that it is able to plow through several ships in one shot.”
- Enkai – Ace amasses a large amount of flames around his body in preparation for an attack.
- Dai Enkai: Entei – Ace’s ultimate technique. After creating great spiraling flames centered on his location before amassing it at a focused point (i.e. the palm of his hand), Ace then turns it into a gigantic fireball resembling the sun and hurls it at his opponent to try to obliterate them.
Source: One Piece fandom
3. Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail)
Natsu is a Mage in the Fairy Tail Guild. He’s among the five Dragon Slayers sent to defeat Acnologia. Natsu uses Fire Dragon Slayer Magic. He can consume fire, the heat of the fire increases as his emotional state changes. This is called the “Flame of Emotion.” He can use his flames from any part of his body, incorporating it in his fighting style. Natsu has a massive array of techniques. He can enter the Dragon Force, a point were his power becomes comparable to that of an actual dragon. He can use transformation magic, has enhanced smell, hearing, speed, reflexes and immense strength.
Natsu’s fire top abilities:
- Crimson Lotus – Natsu rapidly punches his target, with his hands lit ablaze, creating a fiery explosion after each subsequent contact.
- Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade – Natsu swipes his arms in a circular fashion, creating a powerful, and highly destructive, torrent of flames that barrages his target.
- Black Fire Dragon Mode – After absorbing the flames of Dark Regulus, Natsu is capable of combining these flames with their own for destructive effects.
- Dragon Force – By consuming Etherion or the Flame of Rebuke Natsu has been shown to be able to enter Dragon Force. This ability is said to be the final and most powerful state a Dragon Slayer can attain, and it has been said that their power becomes comparable to that of a real Dragon’s.
2. Uchiha Itachi
Itachi is the prodigy from the Uchiha Clan in Naruto. He became an infamous criminal after killing his entire clan, leaving only his brother Sasuke alive. After his death he was revealed to have been protecting his brother and the Leaf village. Itachi is considered to be one of the best ninja in Naruto. He was stronger than ever one of the legendary three Sannin. He could single handily defeat a team of jonin. Itachi was limited by a terminal illness that prevented him from fighting at his fullest. Despite this he was skilled in taijutsu, ninjutsu and genjutsu. Like most members of the Uchiha clan he had a natural affinity for Fire release. He mastered many fire type jutsus.
Itachi’s fire top abilities:
- Amaterasu – by igniting whatever he looked at with black flames that would burn anything, including fire itself. In most cases it was impossible to avoid, it continued to burn for seven days and seven nights. The flames couldn’t be extinguished even by water. He also had the ability to extinguish Amaterasu.
- Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique – Upon impact, the fireball is powerful enough to crater the ground and vaporize the surroundings.
Genryusai Shigekuni Yamamoto (Bleach)
Yamamoto was the Captain of the 1st Division in the Gotei 13, he was also the Captain Commander of all of the Gotei 13. Yamamoto is the strongest swordsman in all of Soul Society. He’s capable of fighting two Captains at the same time, with one hand. He’s a master of Hakuda (hand to hand), Kido, Shunpo and a master at strategy and tactics. He has master his Reiatsu control to the point that he could ” physically paralyze and possibly even choke combatants of lieutenant-level and lower simply by gazing in their direction.” He has immense strength, durability and endurance.
Yamamoto’s top fire abilities:
- Ryujin Jakka – the oldest and most powerful fire-type Zanpakuto, it has the greatest offensive abilities in all of Soul Society.
- Ennetsu Jigoku – Creates seven or more immense pillars of flame which surround an area. The intent of this technique is to trap the opponent in the caged inferno and destroy them. The power of this technique can destroy everyone caught in its vicinity, including Yamamoto himself.
- Bankai (Zanka no Tachi) – Upon activation, any flames previously produced by Ryūjin Jakka are absorbed into the blade. Zanka no Tachi incorporates the full power of Yamamoto’s flames into the blade: the flames within the blade burn anything it cuts out of existence. Zanka no Tachi has the side-effect of depleting the moisture in an entire area (at least the size of the Seireitei), causing the air and the water to dry up.
- Zanka no Tachi, Higashi: Kyokujitsujin, Automatically activated at release, this ability concentrates the intense flames of the sword along the edge of the blade. It neither burns nor erupts, but anything it touches is eradicated to nothingness.
- Zanka no Tachi, Nishi: Zanjitsu Gokui , Automatically activated at release, this ability is unseen by the eyes of anyone else unless Yamamoto wills it to be seen. It engulfs his body in heat which reaches a temperature upwards of 15,000,000 degrees. Therefore, it becomes impossible to even touch him while he is using his Bankai.
- Zanka no Tachi, Minami: Kaka Jūmanokushi Daisōjin, Impaling the tip of his sword into the ground, Yamamoto calls upon the corpses and ashes of the dead who were killed by his flames to come forth and fight on his behalf. Using the heat of his sword on their ashes, he can rouse all the people he has killed, allowing the corpses to become his limbs and attack whomever he deems as his enemy until they become dust. He can bring forth any specific corpse which he wishes, allowing him to inflict psychological damage upon those with connections to those he has slain.
- Zanka no Tachi, Kita: Tenchi Kaijin, A slash of concentrated fire and heat which incinerates whatever it touches out of existence.
Source: Bleach Fandom