One of my goals for 2019 is to add more varied content to my blog. List have been popular for a while and of course they’re simple and easy posts to create. First I decided to make some rules:
- I’m only going to include anime characters from anime/manga I’ve read or watched. Mainly because I would be familiar with their powers.
- I’m only going to include ONE character per series. This is difficult to do, because there are many strong characters in any given series, but I want some variety.
- I think it will be difficult to determine how each character on the list would fare against each other, so I going to focus how strong they are within their series. However, I will be thinking how they compare relative to each other.
[Note] This list and any others will focus on characters that MOSTLY or significantly use the element. In this case water. What that would result in is having a list of characters that will have more that just the element in their abilities and I will be factoring these other abilities in as well.
5. Kyogre (Pokemon)
Kyogre is a Water-type legendary Pokemon that was introduced during the third Generation of the Pokemon series. A massive Pokemon modeled after a whale. Kyogre possessed the ability to “expand the oceans” and has control over water and rain. Kyogre is a part of the “weather trio” along with Groudon and Rayquaza.
Kyogre was given a power up during the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Called “Primal Reversion,” a Pokemon undergoes a transformation “restore a Pokemon’s true powers as the Pokémon absorbs the energy of nature to greatly increase its power.” Like most legendary Pokemon, Kyogre is capable of using many different types of TM’s. It has a powerful signature move called Origin Pulse. The move shoots multiple orbs and fire energy beams.
Why is Kyogre on this 5th on this list?
Despite his worldwide weather effects, Kyogre is largely limited in it’s ability. Very passive in nature Kyogre isn’t much of a fighter to begin with and it only really has one significant move, Origin Pulse.
4. Tier Harribel (Bleach)
Harribel is the former 3rd Espada in Aizen’s army. She eventually becomes the ruler of Hueco Mundo. Like most Espada, Harribel has tremendous skill with a sword. She’s capable of holding her own against a captain-level Shinigami like Hitsugaya. She was even able to hold off a captain and two lieutenant-level Visored together.
She possessed incredible spiritual power and was highly perceptive during combat. Tier was considered to be a master tactician. Her hierro “harden skin” was strong enough to survive Hitsugaya’s attacks without much damage. She also has abilities typical to most Espada like Cero, Sonido and Descorrer.
When Harribel uses her Resurreccion, she releases her special ability. With her new abilities she is able to manipulate water. Her best water techniques are:
- Hirviendo – Pointing her blade out, Harribel boils any form of water which comes close to it, including ice, and deflects it around her.
- La Gota – Harribel can condense large amounts of water around her blade before firing it as a blast which resembles a shark tooth. She can fire multiple blasts in rapid succession with relative ease. The blasts strike with enough force to demolish houses.
- Cascada – Harribel launches a rushing surge of water at her enemy. The torrent of water is large enough to cover several town blocks.
Why is Tier Harribel 4th on this list?
I my opinion Harribel is a far superior fighting tactician than the passive Kyogre. She has a larger variety of techniques as well. However, most of her abilities are shared with other Espada and she only has a handful of unique techniques.
Source: Bleach Wikia
3. Juvia Lockser (Fairy Tail)
Juvia is a S-Class Mage from the Fairy Tail Guild. She can produce, control and manipulate water. She has a variety of different ways she can produce water, for example she can produce water blades that are strong enough to slice through rock or metal. She can also turn herself into water, allowing physical and magical attack pass through her without damaging her. Some of her best techniques are:
- Water Lock – Juvia has the ability to materialize a large circular mass of water, and unlike the Water Dome, it contains no oxygen inside. This spell is used to capture enemies and incapacitate them by suffocation.
- Sierra – A full body transformation resembling Water Body, used by Juvia in a state of strong agitation or other influencing emotion (e.g. jealousy or rage). Her strong emotions cause her full body transformation to heat up/boil. This is a short ranged attack which displays enormous, unpredictable speed.
- Water-Make – a form of Molding Magic that lets Juvia create, or at the very least manipulate existing water. The scope of usage is not limited to just pure water, but also to things that contain it in large quantities, such as blood.
Why is Juvia 3rd on this list?
I didn’t list all the techniques she possess, her variety is far superior to Kyogre and Tier. While Kyogre can influence the seas, Juvia has more direct control over it. Unlike, Tier, Juvia can even turn herself into water and has defensive water abilities as well.
Source: Fairy-tail wiki
2. Tobirama Senju (Naruto)
Tobirama was considered one of the most powerful shinobi ever. He was considered the “fastest shinobi,” at least during his time. His chakra control was such that he could use difficult techniques with just one hand seal. Like most ninja, Tobirama had a large number of sill sets, from summoning techniques, barrier ninjutsu to the Shadow Clone Technique.
Tobirama was an “adept sensor.” He could “accurately detect the presence and location of targets in the surrounding area. He could even sense persons countries away, identify a target’s ancestry from their chakra signature, and even pinpoint a target’s exact location while blinded,” simply by touching his finger to the ground.
While, he could use all nature transformations he mastered Water Release. He could create large amounts of water without a water source. He could use high level water jutsu at any time. He could shoot high pressure water beams that could slice through his targets, create walls of water and cover an entire battlefield with water. Some of his best techniques were:
- Flying Thunder God Technique – he could instantly teleport himself and/or other targets to any location marked with his seal.
- Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation – which revives the dead into immortal, regenerating bodies.
- Mutually Multiplying Explosive Tags – to take advantage of the revived bodies’ natural advantages, using them in kamikaze-like attacks to create near-infinite chains of explosions on a target. He was said to use it whenever he needed to clear a map.
Why is Tobirama 2nd on this list?
To be honest Juvia has superior water abilities than Tobirama. What puts him ahead of her is his other abilities, Space-Time ninjutsu Flying Thunder God Technique is a powerful S-Rank technique. He has a number of techniques that surpass Juvia’s.
Source: Naruto Wikia
1. Jinbe (One Piece)
Jinbe was the second captain of the Sun Pirates. A former Shichibukai he possessed massive strength. He is so far the strongest fishman seen in the One Piece series. Despite his large size he move quite fast as well. Jinbe also has impressive endurance, able to take a “baptizing” in boiling water.
He was able to hold his own against Big Mom, he even took a direct sword attack from her. While in water he becomes even more powerful, he an excellent swimmer and he’s able to “suppress” any fear he may have. He has mastered Fish-Man Karate, he’s a great strategists, he can communicate with fish life and has become skilled in Haki. His most powerful abilities are:
- Fish-Man Karate – According to Jinbe, the secret of Fish-Man Karate is mastery of the water in the user’s direct vicinity, using its power to send powerful waves impacting the water within the opponent’s body. Because every creature has a high percentage of water in their body, the users of Fish-Man Karate are able to battle opponents that are usually highly resistant (if not immune) against blows and punches.
- Busoshoku Haki – is a form of Haki that allows the user to use their spirit to create, in essence, an invisible armor around themselves.
- Buraikan – A secret technique of the Fish-Man Karate. Jinbe concentrates in one hand a large amount of water that he shoots at close range against his opponent. The impact is so strong that the water penetrates the opponent’s body and gets out from the other end.
- Gyojin Jiujitsu: Water Heart – Jinbe plunges into the sea. Using a jujitsu technique (unarmed martial art that originates in the bushi battle methods), Jinbe centralizes in both hands an enormous amount of water, to then transfer it to the surface.
Why is Jinbe on the top of the list?
Simply put he possess all the qualities of the previous four. He has great water techniques, intelligence, physical strength, speed, varied types of techniques and he is able to do battle in water, under water and on land.
Source: One Piece Wiki
So do you agree? Is someone too high or too low? Think I should do more lists? What kind. Let me know what you think.