- I’m only going to include anime characters from anime/manga I’ve read or watched. Mainly because I would be familiar with their powers.
- I’m only going to include ONE character per series. This is difficult to do, because there are many strong characters in any given series, but I want some variety.
- I think it will be difficult to determine how each character on the list would fare against each other, so I going to focus how strong they are within their series. However, I will be thinking how they compare relative to each other.
[Note] This list and any others will focus on characters that MOSTLY or significantly use the element. In this case electric. What that would result in is having a list of characters that will have more that just the element in their abilities and I will be factoring these other abilities in as well.
5. Gilthunder (Seven Deadly Sins)
Gilthunder is a Diamond-ranked Holy Knight and son of Great Holy Knight, Zaratras. Taught by Meliodas in the fundamentals of swordsmanship and “the way of the Knight.” Like all Holy Knights, Gilthunder has magic and power that can match entire armies. He can match Meliodas in skill. His main weapon is a long sword that he uses to channel his lighting magic.
Gilthunder’s top electric abilities:
- Thunderbolt – greatly increase his physical capabilities and allow him to move at extraordinary speeds. This power allows him to perform such feats as creating rings of lightning that bind and paralyze his opponents.
- Raitei no Shukusei – Gilthunder slashes his sword through the air in a specific sequence before pressing his hand to the blade. The target is then engulfed by a huge burst of lightning.
- Raitei no Sendo – Gilthunder uses electricity to enhance his body and allow him to move at lightning fast speed.
- Combined Technique: Dragon Castle – An enormous and devastatingly powerful black tornado is created. The attack is brought about by the union of Gilthunder’s Purge of the Thunder Emperor technique and Howzer’s Rising Tornado technique.
Source: Nanatsu no taizai fandom
4. Laxus Dreyar (Fairy Tail)
Laxus is an S-Class Mage of the Fairy Tail Guild. The Grandson of Guild Master, Makarov Dreyar, Laxus is one of the strongest members. Laxus is a Lighting Magic user. He can produce and manipulate lighting and electricity at his will.
Laxus top electric abilities:
- Thunder Palace – Laxus creates multiple Lacrima filled with large amounts of Lightning Magic and suspended in the air in a circular formation. This spell has been described as being powerful enough to destroy the entire Magnolia Town, if all the orbs are used.
- Lightning Body – through the use of Lightning Magic, Laxus is capable of transforming his own body into electricity, turning himself into a lightning bolt, whose size can vary from mere, fast-moving sparks.
- Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic – A form of Dragon Slayer Magic which gives Laxus the power and characteristics of a Lightning Dragon, along with a Dragon Slayer’s signature ability to eat external sources of his element to heal himself and regain power, thus making him immune to lightning.
Source: Fairy Tail Fandom
3. God Enel (One Piece)
Enel is the “God” of Skypiea and was defeated by Monkey D. Luffy. Enel was extremely powerful. He possesses great physical strength, he’s acrobatic and has good endurance. He real strength comes from his devil fruit, Goro Goro no Mi. A Logia type devil fruit user, he can create, control and transform into electricity at will. It was considered to be a devil fruit that was “invisible,” however, Luffy proved that it wasn’t true.
God Enel’s top abilities:
- 1, 5 Million, 10, 20, 30, 50, 60 Million, 100, Max 200 Million Volt Bari – Enel releases various levels of his electric energy, eventually becoming a living body of lightning.
- El Thor – Mostly used to destroy targets from long range, Enel focuses a large cluster of electricity above his target, then uses it to send a huge and powerful lightning bolt crashing down from the sky, frying the unlucky target.
- Raigo – Enel’s most powerful attack. He combines his own electric powers with the Ark Maxim to create a huge spherical cloud filled with electricity. The ball has enough power to destroy an entire island.
Source: One Piece Fandom
2. Killua (Hunter X Hunter)
Killua Zoldyck is the third child of Silva and Kikyo Zoldyck. Killua has trained since birth to become an assassin, being recognized as the most talented assassin in his families entire history. He won’t hesitate to kill if necessary. He learns at a fast rate, he has near immunity to poison, high tolerance for electricity, high agility, strength, stealth and high intellect. He can walk without making a sound and even sleep with a larger part “of his brain awake than normal, so he can avoid attacks even in his sleep, even if they come from an armed.”
Killua’s top electric abilities:
- Lightning Palm – The first ability Killua named, as well as the most basic one in his arsenal, consists in him electrocuting his opponent by touching them with both palms and pushing them back. The first and only time this Nen ability was used, it barely seared Sub’s sweater, but hurt and stunned him for a few seconds.
- Thunderbolt – Killua leaps into the air above the opponent and projects a bolt of lightning from his fingers, paralyzing them for a few moments and causing them pain.
- Whirlwind – first core function of Godspeed has Killua react automatically to external stimuli. Instead of the normal process of the stimulus being perceived by the nerves, which transmit a signal to the brain which in turn sends an instruction to the muscles, Killua programs his aura to send an electric signal to his muscles so as to instantly react to a threat, bypassing the comparatively slow nervous system. The aura can be preprogrammed to respond to different stimuli: physical contact, malevolent intent in enemy aura, or someone stepping in a predetermined perimeter, and the specific response is preprogrammed as well.
- Speed of Lightning – second application of Godspeed allows Killua to retain conscious control of his movements. His running speed and jumping ability increase dramatically, hence why he uses it primarily to cover long distances in a very short amount of time.
Source: HunterxHunter Fandom
1. Yoruichi Shihoin (Bleach)
Yoruichi is the former captain of the 2nd division of the Gotei 13 and a former commander of the Onmitsukido. She’s considered to be the most proficient Hoho (Fast Movement) master in all of Soul Society. She holds the title of “Flash Goddess,” because she had ” mastered this ability to the point where she can appear to be in several places at once and wipe out an entire Onmitsukido squadron in seconds.” She’s one of the best hand to hand masters in Soul Society. Yoruichi was able to fight three Captains and four lieutenant level opponents without any real damage. She’s a master assassin, strategist and swordsman. She has enhanced strength and endurance.
Yoruichi top electric abilities:
- Shunko (Lightning) – An advanced technique which combines Hakuda with Kidō. This technique surrounds her back and arms with pressurized Kidō based on the element of lightning. Apart from enhancing her arms and legs for combat, the technique allows her to instantly neutralize an opponent’s movement. The Kidō itself can be controlled and fired at opponents from her body, which creates massive explosions. Yoruichi’s version of the technique was developed and studied by her a century ago; therefore, the technique is complete and the compressed Kidō is visible. While using this technique, her Reiatsu takes the form of white lightning. Her skill and control in its usage has progressed to the point of activation taking the form of a pair of lightning wings generated from her back.
- Shunko: Raijin Senkei – lightning emitted from Yoruichi’s back creates a circle of electrical energy in the shape of Raijin’s drums behind her as Yoruichi unleashes a giant column of concentrated electrical energy to engulf her opponent.
- Shunshin Chohengen – While Shunko: Raijin Senkei is already activated, Yoruichi can transform her mind and body even further.
- Shunko: Raiju Senkei: Shunryu Kokubyo Senkei – Upon release a huge column of electrical energy is released. When the energy disappears Yoruichi has taken on the form of a hybrid of Shunkō and her feline form. Her feet become clawed cat paws, this form clads her arms and legs in electricity covering her forearms past the elbow and her legs up to her thighs, each ending with claws made of electrical energy. The energy forms her hair into the form of cat ears and she grows a tail. This form sheaths her in an aura of electrical energy. This form gives her the mentality of a cat and allows the cat nature of “fickleness” to manifest in her Reiatsu. While Yoruichi is naturally moody, she is even more so in this form; her Reiatsu is directly responsive to her changes in mood, and therefore becomes reliably unstable by changing 48 times per second.
Source: Bleach Fandom