Season 1, Episode: Buddies Back to Back
Senku creates the silver spear he promised Ginro, resulting in the later taunting his brother Kinro. Senku reveals that the silver spear is actually a sensor. It turns black when it detects danger. Senku says that they will be killed if they fail to be careful when making sulfa drugs. The spear turns black when Ginro gets close to the large pool. Senku explains that the pool is made of sulfuric acid. According to Senku, the gas can kill instantly.
The key to their survival is gas masks. Senku gets Kaseki to make them. However, he tells Chrome that they both can’t go, as he can’t risks both scientists dying. Chrome rejects Senku’s concern, instead making a case that they both should go. He shows everyone how to make gas masks and they head to the spring without Ginro. He’s encouraged to face his fears by Kaseki and is given the last gas mask.
While, Senku gas line begins to melt, but Chrome seals it. However, he almost falls into the spring. Ginro rescues him before he’s does. Despite his fear, Ginro is able to overcome them with Senku’s help. Together they manage to get sulfuric acid. Senku really surprised me with his more emotional reassurance. Generally, Senku is sarcastic and analytical the way scientists tend to be, but he managed to encourage everyone. Kaseki also helps, but I didn’t find that surprising. Finally, I would have liked it explained why one couldn’t inhale the sulfuric acid but could fall into a spring of it.
Dr. Stone Review:
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 12: Buddies Back to Back
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 11: Clear World
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 10: A Flimsy Alliance
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 09: Let There Be the Light of Science
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 08: Stone Road
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 07: Where Two Million Years Have Gone
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 06: Two Nations of the Stone World
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 05: Stone World The Beginning
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 04: Fire the Smoke Signal
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 03: Weapons of Science
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 02: King of the Stone World
- Dr. Stone Review Episode 01: Stone World